This email has a reminder for Boston Tune-Up 15K and Save the Date for Relays. Make sure you read the entire email! 🙂
Congratulations to everyone who completed the New Bedford Half Marathon this past Sunday. We had a great GLRR turnout!!
Next up is the Boston Tune-Up 15K on March 31. Don’t forget to sign up for this race, the deadline to sign up is tomorrow, March 21. Once you sign up, Glenn will send you an email with instructions to register.
Here’s the link to the current roster: Boston Tune-Up 15K. If you’re not on it and want to be, see the link at the end of this email.
You can also sign up for the other remaining races in the USATF-NE Grand Prix (see the list below).
As a reminder, Greater Lowell will pay your entries for the races as long as you do a few things:
• You must be a GLRR member in good standing
• You must be a USATF member in good standing
• You must commit to “volunteer” for one of the Baystate volunteer dates. If you have a preference for a specific job, you can let us know about that too. We’ll do everything we can to honor your specific requests.
The remaining races in the 2018 Grand Prix are:
· Mar 31 – Boston Tune-Up 15K, Upton MA [entry request by Mar 21]
· Jun 17 – Rib-Fest 5 Miler, Merrimack NH [entry request by Jun 1]
· Aug 25 – New Hampshire 10 Miler, Auburn NH [entry request by Aug 12]
· Sept 16 – Downtown 5K, Providence RI [entry request by Sept 1]
· Sep 30 – Lone Gull 10K, Gloucester MA [entry request by Sept 18]
And also Baystate – but for Baystate we will not be subsidizing your entry. For those who are competing for team age group awards (top 3), or need the marathon for an iron runner award, we’ll provide a discount.
Here’s the Request Form: The Grand Prix Request Form
**************************** SAVE THE DATES FOR TEAM RELAYS!! **************************
As you probably know, GLRR participates in 2 relay races. The 26×1 Mile Relay and the Mill Cities Relay.
- The 26×1 Mile Relay will be held on Saturday, June 2nd in Hormel Stadium in Medford. There’s a 2 team limit per club, so we’ll try and register 2 teams for GLRR. Mark your calendars and stay tuned.
- The Mill Cities Relay will probably be held on Sunday Dec 2nd. I know it seems early to be talking about this event now, however, I will be starting the process of organizing the teams earlier than previous years. Right now, I ask that you save this date in your calendars.