GLRR Registration of the 2017 USATF-NE Grand Prix Series is now open
The club will pay your entry fee to GP races – provided that:
- You are a paid up member of GLRR (your membership status is at the bottom of most GLRR emails).
- We ask that you volunteer (or commit to) volunteer at one or more GLRR events
- You must have a valid USATF membership
Please verify your USATF number here
If you are not a USATF member then join here
Plus – if you register for a race and fail to show up (for any reason) – you must reimburse the club.
Special Note for 2017:
Because the Baystate Marathon is a Grand Prix Championship Race this year, we will not be subsidizing your entry. We need as many of you as possible to volunteer that day to make this the best Grand Prix Race ever. For those who are competing for team age group awards (top 3), or need the marathon for an iron runner award, we’ll provide a discount (contact us). For the rest of you – we hope you will volunteer that day.
It is becoming more and more common for the races to offer on-line registration that includes a USATF discount. This trend is due the increasing requirement that each runner specifically acknowledge the race waiver for insurance purposes. As a result some of the races are for you to “self register”. In which case after you run, send glenn email and we will reimburse you for the most discounted value.
Here is a link to the 2017 GLRR Grand Prix Entry Request Form.
You must use this web form
The 2017 USATF-NE Grand Prix Series is (note the registration due dates *):
- Feb 26 – Amherst 10 Miler, Amherst MA [entry request by Feb 5]
- Mar 19 – New Bedford Half, New Bedford MA [entry request by Feb 27]
- Apr 1 – Boston Tune-Up 15K, Upton MA [entry request by Mar 11]
- Jun 18 – Rib-Fest 5 Miler, Merrimack NH [entry request by May 28]
- Sept 17 – Downtown 5K, Providence RI [entry request by Aug 27]
- Sep 24 – Lone Gull 10K, Gloucester MA [entry request by Sept 3]
- Oct 22 – Ashworth Awards Baystate Marathon, Lowell, MA [see note above]
* The entry deadlines are set to allow the club to get favorable entry rates – and are subject to change. If you fail to request registration by the due date – we may not be able to register you, or if we do register you – you may have to pay for any price increases.