The Mission of the Greater Lowell Road Runners
Our goal is to promote running in Greater Lowell, the Merrimack Valley and beyond.In fact we have members from over 100 cities in MA and NH.
We support local runners, provide scholarships to high school runners, organize and support many local races and most important—we want to support your running and your personal goals!
GLRR is a family of runners of all ages and abilities.
Whether fast or slow, health conscious or competitive… everyone is welcome to be a part of our group.
Our focus is to provide you with encouragement for your running goals, stir up a little competitive nature (if you desire), and make sure that you have some fun along the way. As one of our past presidents is fond of saying “If it’s not fun… why do it?”
Try us out at one of our many group runs, meetings, or introduce yourself to a member at a race.
We run the Merrimack Valley… and Beyond!
The Top 10 Reasons to join the Greater Lowell Road Runners…
- Group runs! Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings, Tuesday nights from September through March, and Track Workouts Thursdays (nearly year round). Details on GLRR.net or email for info.
- The Bay State Marathon! This is the big baby in our family! We host this annual marathon and half marathon as a fundraiser for the club. Club members are asked to volunteer to help run this event and there are many, many ways to volunteer before, during, and after the race.
- Berna’s Great Legs for Women! We host this annual, all women’s run in July each year. Guys help out while the ladies run!
- The Frozen Fudgcicle Fun Run 5K! Just $1 Saturday mornings, January and February.
- Youth Program! Young athletes from ages seven through middle school are welcome to join our growing youth Cross Country and Track & Field teams with the opportunity to compete locally and nationally. (Free with either family or individual memberships.)
- Social Activities! After the run, it’s time for fun! We have a family picnic each summer, adult socials, our Hall of Fame dinner, and other times to meet GLRR friends new and old.
- Gear! We have the swag to let you brag! New members get a huge discount on a GLRR racing tank top, only $10 if you buy it during your first year! Wear it proudly at every race you run! We also have hats, visors, sweats, gym bags, T’s, and more. Be part of the GLRR Sea of Green at local races!
- Monthly Meetings! Complimentary beverage of choice plus a chance to win raffle prizes ($5 for ten tickets) at our monthly meetings. Most meetings feature a guest speaker; past speakers have included Boston Marathon winners, Triathlon World Champions, and charities such as the Hoyt Foundation.
- Free race entry! You don’t have to be into racing to enjoy your GLRR membership, however if racing is your thing, GLRR pays for your entry into the 7 USTAF regional Grand Prix races each year. (You must have a current paid USTAF membership.)
- Discounts at local running stores! Marx Running and Fitness (Acton), New England Running Company (Beverly), and Fleet Feet (Nashua).
Want to join in on the fun?
*Please note: The fastest way to join the club is via the online registration. If you choose to mail in your membership/renewal, please allow 30 days for your info to be added to the system.
*Also note that by registering for the club you are agreeing to our GLRR-MEMBER-CODE-OF-CONDUCT.
The $25 Yearly Membership* includes:
- Free Coaching!
- Free Group Runs!
- Year-round running programs for kids!
- Boston Marathon Bus and Support!
- Discounts at local running stores!
- Last Monday of the Month Club Meetings at the Princeton Station Rest., N. Chelmsford!
- Free Beverage at our monthly club meetings!
*Memberships are $25 per calendar year – and expire on December 31st. New members joining after June 30th are automatically extended to the end of the following year.
(*If you have issues while registering and are using Internet Explorer browser, please try Chrome or Firefox. If you still have issues, please contact us.)