Founded in 1976 the Fudgical 5K race runs every Saturday morning at 8:00 AM from Tewksbury High School during the months of January and February. This race series replaces the regular Saturday morning group runs.
Fudge Time: 8 A.M. SHARP!!! Saturday mornings rain, snow or shine – don’t call to see if it’s cancelled – we only cancel if the governor himself cancels it (which has happened – only once).
Fudge Dates: January 7, 14, 21, 28; February 4, 11, 18, 25*
(Free! Twosome Race February 25th)
Fudge Place: Tewksbury Memorial High School
Directions: google map
Fudge Course: Course Map
Fudge Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fudge Fee: A donation of a buck ($1) is suggested
(except on Food Drive Day* – see below)
This is a no frills run – no on-line entry, no water stops – just pure runnin’
And you do not need to be a GLRR member to run – it is however a great way to get to know us – and we’re sure once you know us, you’ll want to join.
Fudge Waiver Form: Click here
Open it up, print it out, and bring to your first Fudgical. (Copies also available before race.)
Fudge Race Etiquette:
- Respect traffic at at all times. For example,
- Do not block cars coming in and out of Tewksbury High school while warming up, at race start, cooling down, etc.
- Run the race single file (as much as possible) unless to pass others.
- Move over for cars and trucks – always.
- During warm ups or cool downs, if you are on the race course, please run in the direction of the race, not against it.
– Frozen Runner Prizes (for running all eight scoring races)
– Fastest Male of Series (3 or more appearances)
– Fastest Female of Series (3 or more appearances)
– Most Improved (3 or more appearances)
– Most Consistent (3 or more appearances)
(To be awarded at the series end – Must be present at award ceremony to receive awards).
Fudge Awards Ceremony: Following the Two-some race at the legendary Deli-King
Fudge Sponsor: Greater Lowell Road Runners
Fudge Help: Volunteers are encouraged and welcome!
* The annual Fudgical Food Drive will be Feb 18th. Instead of a buck, the run donation will be items needed for the Tewksbury Food Pantry. A complete list of suggestions can be found on their website; some of items includes non-perishables such as Canned Goods, Cold & Hot Cereals, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Pasta, Flour, Sugar, Oil, Condiments, and beverages like Coffee, Tea, Juices, or Canned/Dry Milk. Toiletries as well.