Hi everyone! Great GLRR response so far for the Club Championship 26×1 Club Championship Relay, but we still want to hear from more of you!
As a reminder, on Sat 6/27 GLRR will compete for the 11th SRR Club Challenge Marathon Cup, one of our best GLRR social race events of the year! Our ambitious goal this year is to field 3 full 26 member teams (78 runners), with each runner completing 1 mile.
We’ll be pulling together one faster seeded team to compete for the club title, and there are age group prizes as well for top mile splits!We will be competing against several new clubs competing this year, including Dan Button’s SISU Project. Age group prizes are awarded as well for top mile splits.
We want to encourage any and all club members to come out and run for the Green! Speed is not a factor. Last year we had runners with estimated times from 4:30 to over 10 minutes per mile so we have a slot for you! GLRR pays your entry fees! Music, refreshments and pizza provided as you catch all the race action track side!
There has been some snags on GLRR registrations due to us reaching registration limits on Eventbrite – This is now resolved! Here is the simple process:
1. Go to eventbrite.com. Search on “26×1″
2. Set up a basic eventbrite runner profile if you don’t have one already
3. Click on “11th Annual Club Challenge Marathon Cup Relay”
4. Select “Join a team”
5. Enter: “Greater Lowell” and JOIN
6. Register for free as a GLRR team member!
7. Anyone on GLRR FB can also confirm on the GLRR Event listing to let everyone know you’re going!
Please contact Howard Hersey with any questions.